[Slackbuilds-users] Updated ftbfs list

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Sun Mar 27 20:13:13 UTC 2022

Search for the package name on https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

> When I was updating handbrake to the latest version to allow building on
> 15.0, I was hoping to find the ability to use system versions¹, but I
> couldn't find any patches. It seems they existed with Debian, but my
> google-fu was lacking.

When you find the package in the Debian search, click on the
version you want (the version you're packaging for SBo, if it
exists), and on the details page there's a "Download Source Package"
section... the debian patches are found inside the file with a name
like "whatever_1.2.3-1.debian.tar.xz"

Sometimes it's a .tar.gz, sometimes it's a .diff.gz, sometimes there's
extra components in the version number (dfsg shows up a lot), but you
get the idea.

The HandBrake patch I based mine on is in the
handbrake_1.5.1+ds1-1.debian.tar.xz tarball, as
debian/patches/0001-Remove-embedded-downloaded-copies-of-various-librari.patch

Hope this helps. I probably should write it up in more detail and
post it somewhere more permanent than this...