[Slackbuilds-users] multimedia/gtk-recordmydesktop: remove?

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 30 13:45:43 UTC 2022

Hi Emmanuel and List,

I think either gtk-recordmydesktop should be removed, or else someone needs to add recordmydesktop to SBo.  recordmydesktop was removed from Slackware:

Tue Feb 16 20:57:36 UTC 2021
extra/recordmydesktop/recordmydesktop-0.3.8.1-x86_64-4.txz: Removed.
       There's not much need for this as ssr is better maintained.

but the README for gtk-recordmydesktop states:

NOTE: This requires recordmydesktop from Slackware's extra directory.

If someone (I'm not volunteering - I'm still cleaning out my upgraded installation and noticed this) would like to resurrect it, here is the commit that removed recordmydesktop from SBo when Pat added it to extra:

https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/commit/?id=ddc52938f60e62674b3e274f96d507da219f5cbd

Or perhaps better yet, here is its state when removed from Slackware:

https://git.slackware.nl/current/commit/?id=8b03d869e114578be209fde7fe72498970f6998e

Erich