[Slackbuilds-users] Opera not launching

Luveh Keraph 1.41421 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:59:56 UTC 2022

I upgraded the Opera browser a few days ago to the latest version in
SlackBuilds (86.0.4363.23) in my Slackware64 15.0 box. After this upgrade,
it won't launch:

$ opera
opera: symbol lookup error: opera: undefined symbol: av_stream_get_first_dts

An online search reveals that, according to some, the issue is the Opera
FFMPEG codecs. I do have the latest of such codecs from SlackBuilds, which
I upgraded last 16 March. I am a bit skeptical that this is indeed the root
cause, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.