[Slackbuilds-users] Volatility/pythonX-yara

Barry J. Grundy bgrundy at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:40:54 UTC 2022

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to submit the following updates (via SBo form):

python2-yara  (update/rename/split)
volatility    (fix dependency name changes[python2-distorm and
python2-yara])

python3-yara  (update/rename/split)
volatility3   (added-rewrite of volatility framework)

I cannot get the pythonX-yara submissions to upload because it says they
are already in pending (they are not).  And there is already a package
in pending for volatility that fixes only one of the dependency names (I
did not submit that change).

I may have screwed something up, but I had submitted all of the above
last week and they were rejected because neither python-yara package
would build against the older yara already in 15.0, even though the
correct version of yara was submitted along side them (and was
approved).  Did I miss something?

Thanks,
Barry