[Slackbuilds-users] DevIL - Does not Compile when nvidia-texture-tools is installed

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Mon May 23 08:59:35 UTC 2022

Pzt, 2022-05-23 tarihinde 03:31 -0500 saatinde, Konrad J Hambrick yazdı
> > I have chroot to test in clean environment. I recommend it. Easy to
> > install
> > and no performance hit from emulation.
> >

> Interesting Idea Ozan !
>
> How did you set that up ?
>
> Is the chroot env simply a virgin set of  /bin/ /etc/ /lib64/ and
> /usr/ ?
>
> Did you need other directories -and-or- configs ?

I followed
this: https://docs.slackware.com/howtos:general_admin:setting_up_a_slackware_chroot
Basically you can simply do installpkg --root /chroot-folder */*.t?z
and all folders will be fine.
The wiki doc is for creating 32bit chroot under 64bit system but you
can simply install 64bit packages
instead of 32bit and you will be fine. For network connection, you need
to link /etc/resolv.conf rtp
/chroot/etc/resolv.conf  and you can use slackpkg to keep it up to date
as well. I use chroot to test
new scripts or updates regularly.

Regards,
Ozan