[Slackbuilds-users] xsimd and yosys building issues

William PC w_calandrini at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:44:11 UTC 2022

Hello,

Shall be good to inform at the README of xsimd
that it's required more than 2G for compiling the package
at least in 64-bit. I don't know at 32-bit.
This happened to me also when I was compiling yosys
at 64-bit including the PYTHON module.
The compilation fails with "Killed signal terminated program cc1plus". I saw that It's was because of not enough memory.
At the case of xsimd I was only able to compile with 2.8G, 2G or 2.5G doesn't worked.
So, at my opinion will be good to added this note to those two packages xsimd and yosys at 64-bit.
This is the case for 64-bit, I don't know exactly about 32-bit.
At the case of xsimd I didn't try it at 32-bit
But yosys compile with 2GB with all options available including the python module at 32-bit. But yosys doesn't compile at 64-bit if you include to build the python module with 2GB with the same error: "Killed signal terminated program cc1plus".
For xsimd I tested and I believe is good to say that it requires 2.8GB for compiling (this is a building machine with no other processes running).

Regards,

William PC

William PC

http://www.slack-it.com