[Slackbuilds-users] new pgfplots and alegreya packages

William Waites william.waites at strath.ac.uk
Sat Nov 5 19:54:54 UTC 2022

Hi Greg',

> The newly submitted pgfplots and alegreya packages are already
> included in the texlive-extras package also in the repo albeit a
> different version as the texlive-extras package has not received an
> update.

Thanks for pointing this out. I wonder if maybe we drop the packages
that I just submitted then. I don't especially need to absolute latest
version of these myself and maybe it's better not to have to maintain
very granular packages.

> It also doesn't install the files in the correct location.

I could fix this if the consensus is that it's worth the trouble to
maintain separate packages here.

What happened here is, I tried to compile a document, found that
packages I needed weren't there, searched for them directly
(e.g. pgfplots) not thinking to look for texlive-extras and, not
finding them, decided to be helpful by making a package. It doesn't
appear that I've actually been especially helpful.

Sorry for the noise!

-w