[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20221105.1

Dave dave at slackbuilds.org
Sun Nov 6 09:56:25 UTC 2022

On 06/11/22 10:51,
Fellype <fellype at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> Em dom., 6 de nov. de 2022 às 01:04, Fernando Lopez <
> fernando.lopezjr at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> > i don't know if you been answer or not... but they are for
> > different python versions. they are not duplicates.
> >
> > The packages pointed by Greg are duplicates. Packages for different python
> versions were used to have the major version python number appended to the
> end of their names (at least for python 3). E.g.:
> scipy3 = python3-scipy -> scipy for python 3.x - packages are duplicate
> scipy = python2-scipy -> scipy for python 2.x - packages are duplicate
> scipy != scipy3 -> packages for different python versions - not duplicate
>
> I remember a discussion about how to label python packages for different
> python versions some time ago. Maybe the duplicates will exist for a
> transition period... But this is a bit confusing for now..
>
> Regards,
> Fellype

Hi Fellype,

We had some new scripts and some renamed.  The original scripts have
been left there so we can check everything works before removing
them.

Dave

--
sbo-maintainer-tools (sbolint, sbopkglint):
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/

SBo templates:
https://slackbuilds.org/templates/

How to format github downloads: