[Slackbuilds-users] Version number for fonts considered as bundles

Wen-Wei Kao ltlnx.tw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:27:53 UTC 2022

Hello,

When packaging fonts, should fonts in the same family (but for different
dialects) be packaged into the same SlackBuild entry, or should they be
separated? I was looking into packaging "lxgw-wenkai", which has variants
"LXGW WenKai" (Original Japanese fonts + missing Simplified Chinese
characters), "LXGW WenKai TC" ("inherited" Chinese character variant) and
"LXGW WenKai GB" (China Ministry of Education variant).

Also, if they are to be packaged into a single SlackBuild, how should I deal
with the version numbers? All three of them are currently on different version
numbers. TIA!

Cheers,
Wen-Wei Kao (ltlnx)