[Slackbuilds-users] fltk

Konrad J Hambrick kjhambrick at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 10:55:55 UTC 2022

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 5:10 AM William PC <w_calandrini at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing a package that uses fltk.
> I installed the version from slackbuilds.org
> Then I tried to do a slackware clean-system
> and the package doesn't show up.
> As I imagined the package is at Slackware 15, there is why
> doesn't show up at clean-system.
> I'm wondering why this package still at slackbuilds.org ?

Good Q William PC.

I see now that the "fulltick" package is provided as an /extra/ Package in
Slackware64 15.0 ( extra/fltk/fltk-1.3.8-x86_64-1.txz )

And again as an SBo /libraries/fltk/fltk.SlackBuild

What is the SBo policy in this case ?

It is REQUIRED by numerous Packages but it's not part of a Standard
Slackware Install.

Do the SBo Package Managers search the Slackware /extra/ Directory ?

Maybe it should be removed from one Repo or the other ... but which one ?

-- kjh