[Slackbuilds-users] syntax error in ghostwriter.info

phalange at komputermatrix.com phalange at komputermatrix.com
Mon Oct 10 14:51:43 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-10 09:54, Dave W. wrote:
> On 10/10/22 05:21,
> Konrad J Hambrick <kjhambrick at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
>> On Sat, Oct 8, 2022 at 9:27 AM Greg' Ar Tourter <artourter at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > There is an extra " at the beginning of the line containing MD5SUM_x86_64
>> > in the ghostwriter info file that should not be there.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > Greg
>> >
>> Greg --
>> One of the Devs ( Dave W ) was working on the issue last week but
>> there's
>> more to it than the ghostwriter.info typo.
>> Another user, Ruben Schuler reported the same typo on the list last
>> week (
>> As a followup to willie's weekly email - [Slackbuilds-users] Updates -
>> 20221001.1 ).
>> In addition to the extra " before MD5SUM_x86_64, the HOMEPAGE= Link is
>> dead
>> now that KDE has taken over ghostwriter.
>> The Software is now hosted by KDE and the new HOMEPAGE="
>> https://ghostwriter.kde.org/"
>> Finally, there are numerous links to the dead HOMEPAGE / github site
>> in the
>> source and Docs which is an upstream ( KDE ) issue.
>> I reported a bug about the Quick Reference Guide on 'one of' the KDE
>> git
>> Sites (
>> https://invent.kde.org/office/ghostwriter/-/issues/1#note_538400 )
>> but I entered it on the wrong site and I'll have to do it over.
>> Maybe Dave didn't have time to finish his updates ?
>> I did find that the ghostwriter.SlackBuild worked after I removed the
>> extra
>> "
>> Oh well, misery loves company :)
>> -- kjh
>
> I was contacted by the maintainer who had found that wereturtle had
> pushed a new version somewhere else:
>
>> Moreover wereturtle pushed a version 2.2.0 to their Ubuntu PPA
>>  <https://launchpad.net/~wereturtle/+archive/ubuntu/ppa> but that
>> version appears nowhere on github.
>
> I replied back asking if it built on 15,0, but haven't heard back
> yet, and I'd forgotten about it until now.  I'll grab the source and
> see if it builds or not.
>
> Dave
>
> --
> sbo-maintainer-tools (sbolint, sbopkglint):
> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/
>
> SBo templates:
> https://slackbuilds.org/templates/
>
> How to format github downloads:
> https://slackbuilds.org/GITHUB_URLs.txt

Hi folks, I maintain Ghostwriter. A few updates:

- I just pushed a fix for the '"' typo and updated the home page to the
KDE gitlab io page.

- I would advise against pulling the so-called version 2.2.0 of
Ghostwriter. Whatever is happening behind the scenes, 2.1.6 is clearly
the current official release.

- The links to the help pages were broken upstream when the project
changed hands. Thus if you did or did not upgrade from an early
slackbuild, your help pages are broken regardless.

This change of hands for Ghostlab has been unusual. Neither wereturtle
nor KDE has printed a single word acknowledging this very significant
change, and the only sign of it is in the breaking of all the project's
URLs.

The app is fully functional aside from the URLs.

-A