[Slackbuilds-users] Sourceforge Slackbuildsdirectlinks access changed ?

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Tue Oct 11 16:30:45 UTC 2022

On Mon, 10 Oct 2022, Christoph Willing wrote:

> Using wget, the link in the .info file works correctly here without the
> --content-disposition option.
>
> My understand is that the --content-disposition option should never be
> expected to be used in a SlackBuild.

Incorrect. You can't make any assumptions about what tool will be used
to download the source. It might even be a web browser, where the user
doesn't have control over whether the Content-disposition header is
respected.

The SlackBuild needs to be written so that it can handle either
filename. It's not difficult to do, but it's definitely required.