[Slackbuilds-users] fakeroot upgrade failed

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Oct 18 12:23:14 UTC 2022

I ran:
slapt-src --upgrade 2>&1|tee fakeroot.err
and several packages were to be upgraded including fakeroot.
Maybe I shouldn't have used slapt-src, since slapt-src if memory serves
hasn't got a --list-upgradeable switch in its options that would allow a
user to select which packages get upgraded and maybe upgrade each package
one at a time.
Something might be helpful with packages like fakeroot.  That package has
alternatives in sudo and runas.  If packages searched for all of these
alternatives and if a failure happens on one move onto the next best
alternative and try again.  Now if none of these will work, that would be
reason for concern.
I think I can write a script to run with slapt-src which saves upgradeable
files to a file and answers no to the upgrade question and has slapt-src
exit.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.