[Slackbuilds-users] Running Office: ReText

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:59:11 UTC 2022

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, September 1st, 2022 at 11:30 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> I have ReText installed here, in /usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/ReText.
> How do I run it to view (and edit) a markdown file?
>
> It doesn't run from the command line and if I start python and load ReText
> I've no idea how to view an .md file in a specified directory.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rich

Hi Rich,

I just fired up my chroot and built and installed Markups, python-markdown-math, and ReText.

Then I typed

retext

at the command prompt and the ReText GUI opened up.  I then opened up /usr/doc/libjpeg-turbo-2.1.2/BUILDING.md (using the GUI) and it displays fine.

So it works for me.

How are you trying to start it?  What specific errors are you seeing?

Erich