[Slackbuilds-users] nix broken

dchmelik at gmail.com dchmelik at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:25:35 UTC 2022

Slackware64 15-(stable|current) nix seems undocumented/broken .

    configure: error: Package requirements (lowdown >= 0.9.0) were not met:

    No package 'lowdown' found

    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LOWDOWN_CFLAGS

    and LOWDOWN_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

    Failures:

       nix: nix.SlackBuild return non-zero

    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1072 Jul 24 18:25 /var/log/packages/lowdown-0.11.2-x86_64-1_SBo

When used to build, I wanted to build packages: nix manual says add
channel, which said there's no group 'user', so I added yet says the below.

    root at cosmos:~#  nix-channel --update

    unpacking channels...

    error: failed to get list of supplementary groups for 'user'

    error: program '/usr/bin/nix-env' failed with exit code 1

I don't know about nix or what I wanted it for.