[Slackbuilds-users] What should I name gnome-web's package?

Logan Rathbone poprocks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:16:22 UTC 2022

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 08:32:53AM EDT, Charadon via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> I'm interested in maintaining a SlackBuild for Gnome-Web/Epiphany, however I
> don't know if I should name it Epiphany or Gnome-Web. I'm hesitant to name
> it Epiphany as there is a game called Epiphany that someone may or may not
> want to package in the future.

My two cents: just call it "epiphany". That is the official name of the
project on GNOME GitLab, and GNOME Web is just the end-user-facing name.

Also, the Epiphany game is not currently packaged anyway. If someone
picks it up in the future, they could always call it "epiphany-game" or
something like that to avoid a naming conflict.