[Slackbuilds-users] OT qmake not found

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Fri Sep 23 17:15:01 UTC 2022

On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:27:07 +0200
Arnaud via SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> > Hello and have a nice weekend dear fellow Slack Builders,
> >
> > the trouble qtmib complained qmake missing
> >
> > "wich" finds "qmake" in "/usr/lib/qt5/bin".
> >
> > In "/usr/bin" I see "qmake-qt5 -> ../lib/qt5/bin/qmake".
> >
> > After
> >
> > ln -s /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmake /usr/bin/qmake
> >
> > qtmib successfully built and I guess qtmib is not the only one.
> >
> > Kind regards and sorry for the noise
> > Peter Dambier, DL2FBA
>
> /usr/lib64/qt5/bin should be added to $PATH by /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh
> So either you're not in a full root shell (eg: use "su -", and not
> just "su"), or something else is wrong on your end.
>
> You should have :
> $ which qmake
> /usr/lib64/qt5/bin/qmake
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	- Yth.

Thankyou Arnaud,

I have a 32 bit system but google ... this seems to be a recuring
Qt problem, not specific Qt-5 and agnostic of X84, AMD64, ...

"which" did find it in the path so "make" and "qmake" might be part
of the party as well, automake spoiling the path or something.

qt5.sh is there and did its work, adding "$QT5PATH"

Google did not mention "qtmib" but others got bitten by a missing
"qmake" as well.

Cheers
Peter Dambier, DL2FBA