[Slackbuilds-users] OT qmake not found

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Sat Sep 24 09:54:34 UTC 2022

On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:04:26 +0200
Matteo Bernardini <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I might be wrong think Arnaud already gave you the right guess in his
> first answer
>
> Il giorno ven 23 set 2022 alle ore 11:27 Arnaud via SlackBuilds-users
> < slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> ha scritto:
>
> > So either you're not in a full root shell (eg: use "su -", and not
> > just "su"),
>

> Matteo

Learned something new "man su".

It is never (almost never) a single reason.

Building in "/root" it would not have happened in the first place.

"su" or "su -" gives a different $PATH although both could see qmake
and which could find it.

Thankyou all and I hope we have helped others with curious mishapps as
well.

Cheers
Peter Dambier, DL2FBA