[Slackbuilds-users] ?==?utf-8?q? pytest-runner: python2 and python3 support

isaacyu1@isaacyu1.com isaacyu1 at isaacyu1.com
Wed Sep 28 21:00:49 UTC 2022

Hi Erich,

Thank you for bringing this up.

1. I am not maintaining pytest-runner.
In slackbuilds.org, pytest-runner currently depends only on pytest (Python 2).
However, as you mentioned, scipy3 instead should depend on python3-pytest.

The way I get around this is that I don't install pytest at all, but instead install python3-pytest.

2. I would suggest splitting pytest-runner into Python 2 and Python 3 slackbuilds.
pytest-runner is available at a later version, at 6.0.0 (that version only supports Python 3).

3. If we decide to split pytest-runner:
dropbox-python, which depends on pytest-runner, builds in both Python 2 and Python 3.
dropbox-python at slackbuilds.org is vastly outdated.
I would suggest updating dropbox-python (make sure it builds only in Python 3, and add python3-stone as a dependency).

4. python3-pytest requires iniconfig. pytest does not.
Requirements for pytest are shown in its source setup.py.
Requirements for python3-pytest are shown in its source setup.cfg.

- Isaac