[Slackbuilds-users] libreoffice-7.4.3.2 Slackbuild

Dave dave at slackbuilds.org
Thu Apr 13 09:54:42 UTC 2023

Wayne Smith <waynelloydsmith at gmx.com>:
> I think this email id for Chris Willing . Never done this before
> installed this LibreOffice-7.4.3.2-x86_64-1_SBo yesterday
> had to uninstall jdk8 then reinstall jdk8
> also had to reboot a couple of times
> not much fun.

You didn't need to reboot.  A logout/login or source /etc/profile
should have been enough.  If you have more than one jdk installed,
you'll need to make their /etc/profile.d/ scripts non-executable and
manually source the one you need for the application you want to run
that uses it:

. /etc/profile.d/zulu-openjdk11.sh

> libreOffice is running now and I'm happy
> don't understand why I need both jdk8 and jdk11 installed to make the slack
> build happy.
> looking into javajdk problems with LibreOffice-7.4.3.2 SBo install .. needed
> both jdk8 and jdk11 installed
> post install
> both jdk8.sh and jdk11.sh are in /etc/profile.d .. and they both are
> executable ?????
> env says JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib64/zulu-openjdk11
> so I guess /etc/profile.d/zulu-openjdk11.sh runs after
> /etc/profile.d/zulu-openjdk8.sh

It would have been the other way around, because 8 comes after 1.

> not to predictable
> checking sboui today I see version 7.4.5.1 is available now.
> has the jdk wars been settled in this version ?

The /etc/profile.d/zulu-openjdk11.sh script ought to be sourced
before starting the build, or all other jdks uninstalled, logout and
login again.

Check $JAVA_HOME before building to be sure.

You could test if whatever applications need the older jdk versions
will work with version 11.  If they do, simply uninstall the older
versions and keep the latest.

Dave

--
sbo-maintainer-tools (sbolint, sbopkglint):
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/

SBo templates:
https://slackbuilds.org/templates/

How to format github downloads: