[Slackbuilds-users] Submission error

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Thu Apr 13 22:00:28 UTC 2023

On Wed, 1 Mar 2023, Ivan Kovmir via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

> I have tried to submit a new slackbuild, but the submission form says there is an error (does not say which one) and asks me to send the archive
> to this email address.

You included the source tarball inside your submission tarball.

You might want to install sbo-maintainer-tools and use sbolint to
check your submission tarballs before uploading them. I ran it on the
tarball you posted to the list, and got:

$ sbolint limine.tar.gz
limine: WARN: limine.tar.gz is larger than 1048576 bytes, upload may be rejected
limine: ERR: source archive found: limine-4.20230227.0.tar.gz
sbolint: limine: errors 1, warnings 1

...which pretty much tells you what to do to fix it.