[Slackbuilds-users] VTK

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Sat Apr 15 01:46:50 UTC 2023

On 15/4/23 04:26, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> hi all, I'm getting the following error building VTK
>
> [ 99%] Linking CXX shared module
> ../../../lib64/qml/VTK.9.2/libqmlvtkplugin.so
> Generating qmltypes file using qmlplugindump
> QQmlComponent: Component is not ready
> make[2]: ***
> [GUISupport/QtQuick/qml/CMakeFiles/qmlvtkplugin.dir/build.make:151:
> lib64/qml/VTK.9.2/libqmlvtkplugin.so] Error 3
> make[2]: *** Deleting file 'lib64/qml/VTK.9.2/libqmlvtkplugin.so'
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:18427:
> GUISupport/QtQuick/qml/CMakeFiles/qmlvtkplugin.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2
>
> I have IMAGING=yes and MPI=yes flags set. (and openmpi installed)
>
> Any ideas?
> regards, Tim

Interestingly, this exact problem has been raised recently on LQ in the
"SBo scripts not building on current" thread. Therefore first question
regards whether you're seeing this problem in Slackware-stable or -current?

Unfortunately I have tried all combinations (I think) of build flags in
clean -stable & -current VMs and have not been able to replicate the
problem. I just built it again now without incident in -stable using
IMAGING=yes and MPI=yes flags. Therefore the next question is whether
you're building in a VM or normal environment. If the latter, how clean
is it?

chris