[Slackbuilds-users] Microsoft fonts

Petar Petrov slackalaxy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:18:55 UTC 2023

Hi guys,

i'd like to hear your opinion (especially admins) on a couple of
SlackBuilds i've been working on. They extract MS Windows 11 fonts and
MS Office 2007 from the evaluation and web-archive ISOs, respectively:

https://github.com/slackalaxy/misc/tree/master/preliminary/microsoft-fonts-win11
https://github.com/slackalaxy/misc/tree/master/preliminary/microsoft-office-fonts

Would SBo accept scripts that do that?

We already have the webcore fonts, however these provide the latest
versions of Ariel, Calibri, etc, while the MS office ones make the
collection really complete. I was happily using the webcore fonts
until I needed to submit a paper, whose template required Palatino
Linotype and struggled with formatting in the very last minute...

for the record, I also have a SlackBuild that does this for MathType fonts:
https://github.com/slackalaxy/misc/tree/master/preliminary/mathtype-fonts

best,

Petar