[Slackbuilds-users] remove wheel slackbuild

fourtysixandtwo fourtysixandtwo at sliderr.net
Sun Apr 30 22:16:57 UTC 2023

Arnaud's tests backup my findings and why I didn't create a
python2-wheel and suggest the removal of the old wheel slackbuild
sooner rather than later.  It's just not needed and would only cause a
conflict (/usr/bin/wheel) with python3-wheel.  And we don't need more
wxPython-like conflicts!

The other two builds (rencode and pynacl) that have those same
warnings need to be split/renamed, but also build just fine despite
the wheel missing warning. (as mentioned in my PR)

My testing included comparing the build log and packages between no
wheel , old wheel slackbuild, and just python3-wheel installed.  There
is no difference except the warning and functionality tests are
successful.  (except for python2-automat which seems to be broken and
more testing would be moot given Arnaud planning it's removal)

So I suggest removing the 3 commits to "fix wheel dependency" sitting
in Andrew's branch and we remove the old wheel slackbuild.

Cheers