[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20231216.1

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Sat Dec 16 19:16:35 UTC 2023

Il 16/12/23 18:38, Giancarlo Dessì ha scritto:
> Il 16/12/23 09:39, Matteo Bernardini ha scritto:
>> Il giorno sab 16 dic 2023 alle ore 09:27 Fernando Lopez
>> <fernando.lopezjr at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>>     sorry, I can't maintain it but don't drop 'em.
>>

>> I am sorry Fernando, but unfortunately without a maintainer there's
>> no alternative: besides that I can't afford to maintain it
>> occasionally, every script, especially a browser, needs an actual
>> maintainer...
>> so, if anybody doesn't step in soon, they will be removed with the
>> next update.
>>
>> Matteo
>
> I could try to take it. Let me check a few things

Done. I've submitted new tarballs for opera and opera-ffmpeg-codecs with
the changes (download link and some issues with ELF objects). I think
the stable version of the browser is enough for Slackware users whereas
the developer version should be dropped since the source is a debian
binary package: do we need that?

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it

Slackware Linux... because it works!