[Slackbuilds-users] Dos line endings in patch file

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Fri Dec 22 23:51:02 UTC 2023

Hi,

I recently updated xflr5 to the latest version. The SlackBuild includes
a patch which is supposed to have dos line endings, since the source
file also has dos line endings. The patch file I uploaded had dos line
endings (and I tested before uploading), but now in the repo, it has
unix line endings, which causes the SlackBuild to fail. I'm wondering if
the line endings got changed in the upload process somehow and what the
preferred way to deal with this situation is. Should I convert the
source file to unix line endings in the SlackBuild prior to applying the
patch? If so, what's the best way to do that? I could make dos2unix a
required dependency and use that, but I'd prefer not to add a dependency
if there's a better approach.

Regards,
Dan