[Slackbuilds-users] AMD ROCm SlackBuilds

KB_SBo sbo at linuxgalaxy.org
Sun Dec 31 20:11:33 UTC 2023

On 12/30/23 11:25, 414N wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> last summer I started working on SlackBuild scripts for AMD ROCm to play
> around with some AI stuff/Blender. I based my work entirely on the Arch
> PKGBUILD scripts (thanks Arch maintainers) and finished packaging all of
> them only recently. These are 33 packages in total, where 2 (half and
> python3-cppheaderparser) are external dependencies currently missing on SBo.
>
> I tested the runtime mainly against software using pytorch-2.1.6, ollama
> and Blender[1] and found that it seems to be working properly on my
> RX590 card (Polaris/gfx803 architecture).
>
> I'd like to share them with anyone interested to test them out, possibly
> with an AMD GPU.
>
> You can find them on my `rocm-5.5.1` branch on github[2]:
>
> https://github.com/414n/slackbuilds.org/blob/rocm-5.5.1
>
> The ROCm version I packaged, as you can see, is version 5.5.1. I know
> it's not the latest one, but I'd like to do a version bump after having
> published all of this on SBo.

Huzzah! And Happy New Year,  Alan

Thanks for this.  I started the same nearly 2 yrs ago, mostly just for
the subset to enable OpenCL/ROCm runtime, but health issues required
that I put all my SBo stuff on hold for a while.

I have 2 AMD systems (Slackware64 15.0 multilib) with RX 6800 XT and RX
6650 XT to use for testing.  I'll try to take a look to see is I can get
the packages compiled on the RX 6800 XT box since it has the Ryzen 9
3900X 12-Core CPU, and specifically for me to make a list for just the
runtime bits.

It'll be spiffy to be able to use OpenCL in BOINC again!

-kb