[Slackbuilds-users] Issue building new lyx-2.3.7-1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 7 18:15:19 UTC 2023

The lyx.SlackBuild script has always worked just fine building new versions.
Until today. I downloaded lyx-2.3.7-1.tar.xz and modified lyx.SlackBuild for
that version number.

Running `lyx.SlackBuild` throws and error:
./lyx.SlackBuild: line 46: cd: lyx-2.3.7-1: No such file or directory

That line is:
cd $PRGNAM-$VERSION

which should be found in /tmp/SBo/lyx-2.3.7-1, but the directory is
/tmp/SBo/lyx-2.3.7. The contents of this directory look complete.

All prior minor patch versions used a dot rather than a dash for separation.
I change both the program name and the version in the build file to 2.3.7.1
but that made no difference.

All thoughts welcome,

Rich