[Slackbuilds-users] Issue building new lyx-2.3.7-1

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Sat Jan 7 21:10:24 UTC 2023

On Sat, 7 Jan 2023, Rich Shepard wrote:

> The lyx.SlackBuild script has always worked just fine building new versions.
> Until today. I downloaded lyx-2.3.7-1.tar.xz and modified lyx.SlackBuild for
> that version number.

Note that Slackware package version numbers are not allowed to contain
the dash/hyphen character, so whatever you do will have to be a bit
fancier than setting VERSION="2.3.7-1". You'll have to set VERSION to
something like 2.3.7_1 and add a bit of code to the script to look for
the tarball with the - in the name.

Also, from your description, this isn't a bug in the script. The
upstream for lyx released a tarball with the wrong directory name
inside it (or anyway, "wrong" compared to how they've done things in
the past; it's their project, they can do what they want).