[Slackbuilds-users] Optional dependencies for sympy

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:40:49 UTC 2023

Hi Serban,

Due to the somewhat recent renaming of python packages, I believe the READMEs for python2-sympy and python3-sympy should be updated.

For python3-sympy:
Old:
SymPy has several optional dependencies which enhance its functionality
or make it faster. Here are those available at SlackBuilds.org: numpy3,
scipy3, python3-matplotlib, ipython and pyglet.

New:
SymPy has several optional dependencies which enhance its functionality
or make it faster. Here are those available at SlackBuilds.org:
python3-numpy, python3-scipy, python3-matplotlib, ipython and pyglet.

For python2-sympy:
Old:
SymPy has several optional dependencies which enhance its functionality
or make it faster. Here are some available at SlackBuilds.org: numpy,
scipy, matplotlib, ipython and pyglet. NOTE: some of these SlackBuilds
might be available for python3 only.

New:
SymPy has several optional dependencies which enhance its functionality
or make it faster. Here are some available at SlackBuilds.org:
python2-numpy, python2-scipy, python2-matplotlib.

Note that I just removed ipython and pyglet as they are python3 only.

Erich