[Slackbuilds-users] Trouble building graphviz 7.0.6

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 18 23:10:00 UTC 2023

Hi Guys,

Sorry for late reply, have been a bit time-poor recently.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 05:41:29AM -0600, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> Duncan Roe --
>
> graphviz built fine here too.
>
> I attached the final graphviz configure output from my build logs to this
> email.
>
> Maybe there is a clue in there ?
>
> One note, there are sure a lot of compiler warnings on Slackware64 15.0 ...
>
> HTH
>
> -- kjh
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 5:35 AM marav <marav8 at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > FYI
> > Ditto here, it builds fine (-current & 15.0)
> >
> > Cheers

> > libglib-2.0.la.

> > the build

> > > That's strange, it had been tested and not only by me.
> > > I've reconstructed my build environment from scratch, and built graphviz.
> > >
> > > It worked perfectly fine.
> > >
> > > Could you tell me more about your setup, and the error itself ?
> > > Are the requirements up-to-date ?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > >       - Yth

> graphviz-7.0.6 will be compiled with the following:

>   cgraph:        Yes (always enabled)
>   digcola:       Yes
>   expat:         Yes
>   fontconfig:    Yes
>   freetype:      Yes
>   glut:          Yes
>   ann:           No (no ann.pc or ANN.h found)
>   gts:           Yes
>   ipsepcola:     Yes
>   ltdl:          Yes
>   ortho:         Yes
>   sfdp:          Yes
>   swig:          Yes ( 4.0.2 )
>   shared:        Yes
>   static:        No (disabled by default)
>   qt:            Yes
>   x:             Yes
>
> commands:
>   dot:           Yes (always enabled)
>   neato:         Yes (always enabled)
>   fdp:           Yes (always enabled)
>   circo:         Yes (always enabled)
>   twopi:         Yes (always enabled)
>   gvpr:          Yes (always enabled)
>   gvmap:         Yes (always enabled)
>   smyrna:        Yes
>   gvedit:        Yes
>
> plugin libraries:
>   dot_layout:    Yes (always enabled)
>   neato_layout:  Yes (always enabled)
>   core:          Yes (always enabled)
>   devil:         No (missing library)
>   gd:            Yes
>   gdiplus:       No (disabled by default - Windows only)
>   gdk:           Yes
>   gdk_pixbuf:    Yes
>   ghostscript:   Yes
>   gtk:           Yes
>   lasi:          No (lasi library not available)
>   pangocairo:    Yes
>   poppler:       Yes
>   quartz:        No (disabled by default - Mac only)
>   rsvg:          Yes
>   visio:         Yes
>   webp:          Yes
>   xlib:          Yes
>
> language extensions:
>   gv_sharp:      No (mcs not available)
>   gv_d:          No (disabled by default - incomplete)
> [...]

Thanks indeed for that! I found graphviz built fine on a slk15 VM here also.

The difference is, on tha bare metal system where build fails, I have the 14.2
build of mono.

Will rebuild mono and deps then try again and report to list.

Cheers ... Duncan.