[Slackbuilds-users] Anybody else having problems with zoom in 15.0?

Luveh Keraph 1.41421 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 23:37:44 UTC 2023

Poking around a bit, I noticed that the zoom executable under
/opt/zoom-linux depends on two shared libraries (libcef.so and
libffmpeg.so) that are part of the zoom distribution, but that the zoom
executable can't find. But, perhaps it is the case that you are not
supposed  to invoke this executable directly. Indeed, in /opt/zoom-linux as
well there is an executable named ZoomLauncher. When I invoke it from the
command line, the diagnostics that I mentioned above are generated in the X
server log - and that's all: ZoomLauncher returns after one or two seconds,
and nothing else happens. Unfortunately, zoom and ZoomLauncher are
binaries, and they don't print out anything when invoking them with obvious
options, like -h, -? or --help. I am stymied.