[Slackbuilds-users] Explanation regarding reverting python3-mistune to build python-m2r

isaacyu1@isaacyu1.com isaacyu1 at isaacyu1.com
Wed Jan 25 01:56:43 UTC 2023

Hi Duncan,

Regarding python3-mistune at 2.0.4 (which caused python-m2r to fail to build):

A few months ago, I uploaded python3-mistune at 2.0.4.
The reason was because I wanted to update jupyter-nbconvert to versions >= 7.0.0 (which required mistune >= 2.0.3).

Previously, there was only 1 package named 'mistune' at SlackBuilds.org.
Yth was the maintainer of mistune.
​​​​I initially requested taking over mistune and updating it to 2.0.4 (and for me to upload mistune1, a legacy package for python-m2r).
However, Yth requested me to upload a python3-mistune package at 2.0.4.
Yth also renamed mistune to python2-mistune (and kept it at 0.8.4).
In other words, Yth suggested splitting the existing mistune package into Python 2 and 3 versions, rather than updating mistune and uploading mistune1.

Therefore, since python3-mistune is at 2.0.4, python-m2r does not build in python 3.
As you have shown, python-m2r requires python3-mistune at 0.8.4 instead.
​​​​
Would you like me to upload a python3-mistune1 SlackBuild, at 0.8.4?
There is only a python2-mistune at 0.8.4, maintained by Yth.

That being said, if I upload python3-mistune1, it will conflict with my existing python3-mistune.
Therefore, I have to indicate that both python3-mistune1 and python3-mistune cannot be installed in the same system at the same time.

- Isaac