[Slackbuilds-users] Anybody else having problems with zoom in 15.0?

Luveh Keraph 1.41421 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:07:48 UTC 2023

That matches what I observed under Xfce. The Xfce people seem to be as much
in the dark as we are about this, while acknowledging that there are issues
with their xfce4-panel code. However, since it shows up under KDE as well,
we are back to square one. I played a bit with a LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a
shell, but to no avail. I tried first with export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/zoom-linux/cef, and then ldd zoom
claims that libQt5Core.so.5 can't be found. I then did export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the same shell, and this
time I get no complaints from ldd zoom. However, when trying to invoke zoom
directly I get

./zoom: symbol lookup error: ./zoom: undefined symbol:
_ZNKSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEE13find_first_ofEPKcmm,
version Qt_5

ZoomLauncher still does nothing at all.

Interestingly, there is a libQt5Core.so.5 entry under /opt/zoom-linux, but
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to pick it up from there still results in ldd zoom
claiming that version Qt_5.15 can't be found. Either way, the latest zoom
in 15.0 seems to be fubarred.