[Slackbuilds-users] Anybody else having problems with zoom in 15.0?

Konrad J Hambrick kjhambrick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:43:21 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 7:25 AM Luveh Keraph <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't. My attempts at contacting maintainers in the past have been
> largely fruitless: it is often the case that if they do not read this list
> and step in when issues with the modules under their responsibility are
> brought up, chances are they will not be responsive at all to direct emails
> either.
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 4:43 AM Konrad J Hambrick <kjhambrick at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> so ... Has anyone contacted the maintainer (  Ebben Aries ) ?
>>
>> -- kjh

More info ...

I wen to the zoom getting started site at
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Getting-Started-on-Linux

Then I downloaded the Version 5.13.5 (431) Debian ( .deb ) and the Fedora (
.rpm ) packages to a temp directory

I could not find the Arch or Manjoro ( .tgz ) files ...

I converted the .deb via deb2tgz to a Slackware .txz and the .rpm Package
to a Slackware Package via rpm2archive.

I made deb/ and rpm/ directories and untarred the 'Slackware Packages' into
the two different temp directories.

In both cases ( deb and rpm ), ./ZoomLauncher worked as expected.

 So ... where did the .tgz package  referenced by the zoom-linux/info at
https://d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net/prod/5.13.5.431/zoom_x86_64.tar.xz
come from ?

deb2tgz ran much faster on my system than rpm2archive so ...

Maybe Ebben needs to add a dependency ( deb2tgz ) and use the deb

-- kjh