[Slackbuilds-users] Anybody else having problems with zoom in 15.0?

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:42:29 UTC 2023

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, January 27th, 2023 at 4:43 AM, Konrad J Hambrick <kjhambrick at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 7:25 AM Luveh Keraph <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I haven't. My attempts at contacting maintainers in the past have been largely fruitless: it is often the case that if they do not read this list and step in when issues with the modules under their responsibility are brought up, chances are they will not be responsive at all to direct emails either.
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 4:43 AM Konrad J Hambrick <kjhambrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > so ... Has anyone contacted the maintainer ( Ebben Aries ) ?
> > >

> > > -- kjh
>

> More info ...
>
> I wen to the zoom getting started site at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Getting-Started-on-Linux
>
> Then I downloaded the Version 5.13.5 (431) Debian ( .deb ) and the Fedora ( .rpm ) packages to a temp directory
>
> I could not find the Arch or Manjoro ( .tgz ) files ...

I found the .tar.xz files here:
https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

Choose
Linux Type: Other Linux OS
OS Architecture: 64 bit

I downloaded it and the MD5SUM matches the *.info file on SBo.

Perhaps Zoom doesn't keep old downloads available on their website?  That's why he provides the source elsewhere?  I'm forced to do the same with one of my builds.

Erich