[Slackbuilds-users] Anybody else having problems with zoom in 15.0?

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Fri Jan 27 18:38:11 UTC 2023

On Fri, 27 Jan 2023, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:

> deb2tgz ran much faster on my system than rpm2archive so ...
>
> Maybe Ebben needs to add a dependency ( deb2tgz ) and use the deb

No need for an extra dependency. A .deb is just an "ar" archive that
contains a tarball. It can be extracted in a SlackBuild just using ar
and tar:

ar p /path/to/file.deb data.tar.gz | tar xvfz -

...though I think it's possible for the filename inside the .deb to be
data.tar.xz instead (in which case, use tar xvfJ -).