[Slackbuilds-users] Help with guile-dbi.

Lockywolf for_slackbuilds-users_mlist_2023-04-21 at lockywolf.net
Fri Jul 14 02:00:28 UTC 2023

Hello, everyone

I really should ask for help at guile-dbi or guile's channels, but I
have already done so, and they are not particularly active.

So, I have two slackbuilds:
https://gitlab.com/Lockywolf/lwfslackbuilds/-/tree/master/guile-dbi
https://gitlab.com/Lockywolf/lwfslackbuilds/-/tree/master/guile-dbd-mysql

They compile and install fine, however, using the guile-dbi module fails
with a cryptic error:

scheme@(guile-user)> (load "/dbi/dbi.scm")
guile: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libguile-dbi.so: undefined symbol: lt_dlinit

Indeed, nm'ing /usr/lib64/libguile-dbi.so I find lt_dlinit being U for
"undefined".

I have never seen such an error before. I know that libtool is not
expected to be simple, but I have never ever seen libtool errors.
Can someone sugges a debugging method?

--
Your sincerely,
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)