[Slackbuilds-users] Build in search of a home

J j at lngn.net
Mon Jul 17 20:50:10 UTC 2023

Eugen,

 If kitty isn’t using any go 1.20 features, generally you could safely downgrade the go.mod requirement. I’ve had to do this with a package I maintain, changing it back to go 1.19 on 15.0. As for go1.20 itself, I’ve not been able to get that going on 15.0. Generally when someone is building against go for dev, they are using the latest release, but we seem stuck on 1.19 for now (1.20 does build on -current) so long-term I don’t have a solution for that myself.

I’ve been doing a “go mod vendor” and tarballing that, uploading to my server and linking the SlackBuild with the project source and my tarball to build so the entire build is “offline” once deps are downloaded. If you’re interested in an example, look up any nwg-* package on sbo.

Wish you luck with kitty!

— Jay Lanagan