[Slackbuilds-users] Devuan debootstrap?

Bru Barwal bru.barwal at SDF.ORG
Thu Jun 1 18:28:33 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jun 01, 2023 at 03:53:07AM -0700, dchmelik at gmail.com wrote:
> I tried sending this message to the maintainer and his email server rejected
> it as spam:
> Can debootstrap be used for Devuan??? I hate Debian since they switched to
> systemd...

As far as I can tell, the debian source for deboostrap doesn't have the
proper scripts to install devuan, but I was able to get it working:

```
cd /usr/share/deboostrap/scripts
rm ceres
wget
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/debootstrap/raw/branch/suites/beowulf-proposed-updates/scripts/ceres
ln -s ceres chimaera
debootstrap --arch amd64 chimaera /mnt/devuan \
http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ chimaera
```

I guess the other option would be to tweak the slackbuild to use the
devuan debootstrap source. I believe it has the scripts for debian
and ubuntu as well as devuan.

Good luck!

-Matt

bru.barwal at sdf.org