[Slackbuilds-users] pdal fails to compile with gdal 3.7

Greg Tourte artourter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 00:57:59 UTC 2023

Hi,

I would like to apologise as somehow I failed to test pdal when I updated
gdal to version 3.7 this week. I thought I had, but I made a mistake in the
testing process and pdal slipped through the crack.

anyway, the pdal version (2.5.3) currently in slackbuild (and the previous
one, i.e. 2.2.0) does not compile with gdal 3.7 (see
https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/pull/4030).

As the ticket mentions, it was fixed in version 2.5.4. I have tested it by
simply changing the version in the slackbuild (md5sum =
3e559237458b763fffaa98648e906bdc).

I am going through the gdal dependees again to make sure I didn't miss any
others.

Cheers

Greg