[Slackbuilds-users] linux kernel slackbuild

David Chmelik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 05:10:09 UTC 2023

I like the idea because sometime after/in Linux kernel v2, documentation
on how to build a kernel disappeared from the main site or from The
Linux Documentation Project (TLDP) and/or was outdated.  For a while
there was no documentation or only informal/partial documentation, not
always very good.  Sometime by v4 there was documentation elsewhere but
I don't know that it's official... I don't recall if there is any
official documentation anymore or if it's back in TLDP, so I'd just like
to see how it's done again.  In the days of v2 I build kernels maybe
200+ times trying to get a Matrox display/video card to work with dual
monitors (as separate terminals) to no avail. I'd just like to see how
it's done again and if we can be assured the SlackBuild does it right,
that'd be something nice to see...