[Slackbuilds-users] icon-theme.cache/doinst.sh(template)/sbo-maintainer-tools

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Sun Jun 18 08:36:23 UTC 2023

On Sun, 18 Jun 2023, Franzen wrote:

> And why does the slackware-installer then deals with the cache, as there
> can't be one
> on a fresh installation,
> /var/lib/pkgtools/setup/setup.08.gtk-update-icon-cache

Look at the comments in that file:

# This is needed since XFce adds a few hicolor icons that would
# not otherwise be cached.  Really, I'm not sure the idea of
# caching icons is a good one -- the use of gtk-update-icon-cache
# could disappear from future install scripts.

...a bit lower down:

if [ -e usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache ]; then # ONLY run this is there's already a cache!!!

Not sure if that clarifies anything or further confuses the issue.