[Slackbuilds-users] sboinstall chromprint fails

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Mon Jun 26 03:26:11 UTC 2023

Thanks David.  Yes, sbotools was pointed at current.  I did another
clean install, because I had no idea what had been pulled from current.
chromaprint (and vlc) installed cleanly.  And my printer now works
again; only on cups and not with hplip but that's life.

I was surprised that sbotools defaults to current.  It's not mentioned
anywhere that I could find.  Maybe that could be included on the
SlackBuilds page, with what to change it to for 15.0?

Thanks for your assistance,
Ed

On 6/24/23 06:28, David O'Shaughnessy wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jun 2023, at 8:37 AM, Ed Fletcher wrote:
>> I don't think so.  I've got sbotools v2.7 and didn't make any
>> configuration changes.  My understanding is that sbo gets the version of
>> slackware from the system it's running on and uses that to get the
>> correct packages.  Perhaps from /etc/slackware-version?  Mine says
>> Slackware 15.0 and doesn't mention 64.
>
> By default sbotools will not be set up for 15.0 though. You can check with:
> grep "url = " /usr/sbo/repo/.git/config
>
> In /etc/sbotools/sbotools.conf I've got:
> REPO=https://gitlab.com/SlackBuilds.org/slackbuilds.git
>
> To put sbotools onto a 15.0 repo.
>
> --
> Dave

Ed Fletcher

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of
childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
― C.S. Lewis