[Slackbuilds-users] New terminator-2.x package

414N 414N at slacky.it
Sun May 7 14:30:03 UTC 2023

Greetings,

after several requests I updated the terminator SlackBuild to build upon
the new project sources on github[1].

You can find the updated SlackBuild package attached to this message.

I'd like to request some feedback from those interested in this package
before officially submitting it regarding the following major changes:

  - I decided to build the package exclusively for python3 seeing as
python2 is now unmaintained and python3 is natively supported by the
project;

  - the package requires the pytest-runner dependency only at build time
for unit tests. I found no way to disable running those tests using
setuptools, so I had to add this dependency to the package .info file,
even if useless at runtime.

I would also like to thank Болоканаръ, David and Leonardo who, in time,
sent me several info, revisions or improvements of my SlackBuild script
for the 1.x versions.

[1]: https://github.com/gnome-terminator/terminator

Kindest regards

--