[Slackbuilds-users] version updates/bumps?

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Wed May 10 06:53:36 UTC 2023

On Tue, 9 May 2023, dchmelik at gmail.com wrote:

> Many/all of these could use version updates/bumps:

You have pkgdiff in your list, but it's at 1.7.2 and I don't see anything
newer here: https://github.com/lvc/pkgdiff/tags/

transmission is being worked on now.

If you're wondering whether a maintainer has silently disappeared, you
can clone the repo and do a 'git log --author=<whoever>' to see that
user's commit history. If the first entry is older than a year or two,
that maintainer might be MIA.

Stuff in your list that has dependees (other builds that require it)
needs to be tested against all those dependees by its maintainer. I
mention this because we've had at least one bad update that broke a
lot of things in the last couple of months. Won't point any fingers,
not trying to call anyone out, I just want to mention that it pays to
be careful.