[Slackbuilds-users] neovim in search of better maintainer

Ruben Schuller sb at rbn.im
Wed May 10 21:26:51 UTC 2023

2023-05-10 Alexander Verbovetsky <alik at ejik.org>:

> On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 09:44:57PM +0200, Ruben Schuller wrote:
> > I constantly miss neovim updates as I don't really use it anymore.
> > If someone is interested in taking it, _please_ do so!
>
> I use it and I'd like to take it, but to update it one needs to update
> luajit to version 2.1.0_beta3.
>
> (Note that this is not a bleeding edge release, both versions 2.0.5
> and 2.1.0_beta3 appeared six years ago.)
>
> Without this upgrade, I don't see how I can maintain neovim.

Didn't stumble upon this problem as I never tried to update recently :P
I can't do anything about the luajit SlackBuild though, except for CCing
the maintainer here.

I'd like to have someone else maintain neovim. I never used it as much
as I thought I will. So, anyone stepping forward would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers
Ruben