[Slackbuilds-users] neovim in search of better maintainer

Alexander Verbovetsky alik at ejik.org
Thu May 11 13:22:48 UTC 2023

On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 02:04:23PM +0200, Ruben Schuller wrote:
> 2023-05-11 Alexander Verbovetsky <alik at ejik.org>:

> > > Didn't stumble upon this problem as I never tried to update recently
> > > :P I can't do anything about the luajit SlackBuild though, except
> > > for CCing the maintainer here.
> >
> > I can't do anything about it either. Neovim's upstream changed the
> > luajit version with release 0.5.0 two years ago. In fact, according to
> > repology, all major distributions moved to luajit 2.1.0_beta3, so this
> > should be safe.
>
> Have you tried to build neovim on a clean machine? The current version
> on SBo is 0.8.1 .. I'm a bit confused now :)

I always building on a clean chroot. I had the luajit problem (lua: not
enough memory) with the current version also, it's not happen every
time, but happens and rather often.

> Maybe neovim ships it's own luajit, it does ship other lua stuff.

It's a very interesting idea, it doesn't ship with the SlackBuild as it
is now, but maybe it could ship. I'll try to figure it out.

Best regards,
Alexander