[Slackbuilds-users] How to add runtime option to application?

Dave dave at slackbuilds.org
Fri May 12 22:00:21 UTC 2023

12/05/23 13:55,
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:
> On Fri, 12 May 2023, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > The qgis version in the SBo repo is far out of date; I just wrote to the
> > maintainer asking for help compiling the latest version (3.30.2) so it
> > includes grass gis. The SBo build script has a stanza to include grass as a
> > compiled-in option, and my script modification didn't work (but I
> > sucessfully built 3.30.2 yesterday). I want to try adding it as a runtime
> > option. The command that xfce4 put in the panel launcher is `qgis %F'. Where
> > on that command line would I put a runtime option, and what is the syntax I
> > use?
>
> I just learned that qgis is no longer being maintained. I have neither the
> knowledge of cmake nor of maintaining a SBo package. I cannot figure out how
> to have the build find grass in /usr/local/bin/.
>
> Has anyone offered to resume maitenance of this tool?
>
> Rich

/usr/local/bin should already be in $PATH before /usr/bin

'echo $PATH' should show it.

For your original question, assuming that there is a qgis.desktop
file in /usr/share/applications, you could try making a copy of it
in ~/.local/share/applications/ and modify the 'Exec' line inside
to add the options you need.

If there is a local (~/.local/share) .desktop file with the same name
as the global (/usr/share) one, then the local one is used.

NOTE untested, and I'm not familiar with qgis or it's options, so
you'll need to test to see what works.

You might also need to restart xfce for the local .desktop file to be
'seen' by the menu.

Dave

--
sbo-maintainer-tools (sbolint, sbopkglint):
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/

SBo templates:
https://slackbuilds.org/templates/

How to format github downloads: