[Slackbuilds-users] orphaned buildscripts

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Sat May 13 16:23:55 UTC 2023

Il 13/05/23 16:56, Rich Shepard ha scritto:
> On Sat, 13 May 2023, Giancarlo Dessì wrote:
>
>> I reserve to take some more by the category gis or academic if
>> remaining orphaned
>
> I've used grass since 1997 (building from source) and am trying to use
> qgis.
> I could take those with help learning how to maintain packages. I just
> downloaded all the templates, yet need to learn how to diagnose and fix
> issues when the build doesn't work as expected.
>
> Now my qgis issue is that its plugin manager says the 'grass gis
> provider'
> is installed, but using the qgis browser I cannot navigate to the grass
> database to access my project maps.
>
> With your patient understanding of my ignorance, I'll learn how to keep
> grass and qgis up to date on the SBo repo.
>
> Rich

Sorry, I can't help you: I never used qgis with support to grass since
former versions (compatible with Slackware 14.2+) due many problems with
qgis against QScintilla and PyQt5 with Qt5 installed via slackbuild. I
solved these issues only when Pat included in qt5 in current (14.2+). I
used qgis mainly to open a map in ECW format and I don't need Grass for
this (support to ECW formats is given by gdal).

The mantainer is now KB_SBo. Please wait him, surely he's more expert
than me :-)

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it

Slackware Linux... because it works!